Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Resource: Honey, Hush! African American Women's Humor

Honey, Hush! An Anthology of African American Women's Humor

Author: Daryl Cumber Dance
Year: 1998
Location: personal library


I have just listed here the items marked as "folk" and "former slave" in the table of contents.

Wild Women Don't Have the Blues
How'd You Make Out?
Queen Bee
An Hour of Pleasure
Norfolk
Ball It Up and THrow It to Me
Just a Cream Color
We Must, We Must, We Must
Do You Remember
Old Age is Hell
I Can't Remember
Plenty Fire in the Furnace
You Got an "F" in Sex
A Dentist's Jokes
The Minister's Fresh Air
Open That Door
He Remember
Under Suspicion
Helping a lady Out
Shall We Gather at the River
Gone to Meddlin'
Prayers
May I Have This Dance
The Next Time You Come
I Can't Remember
Over the Hill
The Fifteen-Inch Pianist
Up
Shortening
A Man Won't Make a Fool of Me Twice
I Figured He Could Fly
Sexual Awareness
Well. . . .
She Didn't Ask about You
I Ain't Dead
Where Are You From?
The Proper Word
Fido
The Lee Sisters
Does It Come in White?
I Raised hell While I Was There
I Been Sick
We Ain't Dumb
It Hasn't Been Used
Jesus Wept
Tongue and Teeth
Why I Talk like Dis?
Am I Jewish? or Am I Black?
You Is What You Is
Testimonials
I'll Take Him
You Know
Ho-de-do
OJ's Going to Cancun
Country Guy and City Guy
The New Rectum
Stayman
Hurry Up
Playing in a Big Auditorium
No Overseer Ever Downed Her
It's a Good Time to Dress You Out
Childhood
Old Satan is Mad
Done wid Driver's Dribin'
The Tar Baby
You Gon' Make Bread Today
I'll Go as Far as Memphis
Gaining Respect
'Sippi
Some People Just Can't Tell Jokes
At Least I Know Where I Am
How You Doing?
OJ is Chilly
Approach the Bench
Wait on de Lord
Is the Coast Clear?
Teachers on the Third Floor
My Sympathy



No comments:

Post a Comment